These website terms and conditions apply solely to websites owned or operated by Verizon Media LLC for the go90 service. Please note that certain other Verizon internet and wireless services may have additional terms and conditions regarding your use of those services, and nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to modify such additional terms and conditions. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THEN YOU MAY NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
Acceptance of terms
All text, graphics, interfaces, photographs, videos, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork, computer code, and other materials contained on this Site (collectively, “Content”) are owned, controlled or licensed by Verizon Media, its affiliates or its licensors, and are protected by copyright, patent, trademark and other laws. Except as may be expressly set forth in these terms and conditions, no license or right to use the Content is granted to you, and you agree not to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, sell, license, rent, publicly display or perform, edit, modify or create derivative works of any Content without Verizon Media’s express prior written authorization.
Limitations on use
Additionally, without the express prior written authorization of Verizon Media, you may not:
- use any data mining robots ("bots"), hardware or software modules that add a specific feature or service by plugging into an existing larger system ("plug-ins"), or other data gathering and extraction tools, scripts, applications, or methods on this Site;
- use any device, software, or hardware to bypass any operational element or to interfere, or attempt to interfere, with the proper working of this Site, server or activities conducted therein;
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Site or its network infrastructure or that adversely affects our network or other customers;
- decompile, reverse engineer, modify or disassemble any of the software in or associated with the Site or its network infrastructure;
- use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Verizon Media’s or go90’s name or any Verizon Media or go90 trademark without Verizon Media’s prior written permission; or
- otherwise exceed your limited access to the Site as authorized by Verizon Media.
The Site may contain other proprietary notices, content or describe products, services, processes or technologies owned by Verizon Media or third parties. Except as may be expressly set forth herein, nothing contained herein shall be construed as granting to the user a license or right under any copyright, trademark, patent, right of publicity or right of privacy or other proprietary or intellectual property right of Verizon Media or any third party.
If the use of the Site by you or anyone using your account, in Verizon's sole discretion, violates these Terms or any other Verizon agreement or policy, is objectionable or unlawful, or interferes with, disrupts or degrades the functioning or use of the Internet or the Verizon network by Verizon or other users then, without limiting any other right or remedy Verizon may have, Verizon may suspend, deny or restrict your access to any Site (and to take any other action Verizon deems appropriate to protect Verizon, our users and other Internet users). Without limiting the general policy stated above, you agree not to use the Site (including by linking to the Site) in any manner that:
- is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, fraudulent, gratuitously violent, obscene, deceptive, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, hateful or abusive;
- infringes or misappropriates Verizon's or a third party's intellectual property, confidentiality, or other rights;
- advocates or solicits violence, criminal conduct or the violation of law or the rights of any third party;
- distributes advertising or promotional content;
- compiles, uses, downloads or otherwise copies any user information and/or usage information (whether or not such information constitutes personally identifiable information), or that impermissibly transmits, provides or otherwise distributes such information to any third party;
- provides material support or resources (or conceals or disguises the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources) to any organization(s) designated by the United States government as a foreign terrorist organization pursuant to section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- decompiles, disassembles, uses reverse engineering or otherwise attempts to derive the source code for the computer systems and other technology that operate the Site or that is available through the Site;
Additional access and use restrictions may appear elsewhere on the Site. You agree to abide by such additional restrictions. The Site is intended solely for your private and personal use on your computer. Any other use or any attempt to use the Site for commercial or other purposes is strictly prohibited.
go90 and the go90 logo are trademarks. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, a license or right of use of go90 or the go90 logo without the express prior written permission of Verizon Media.
Requirements for linking to www.go90.com
You may link to our Site, subject to the following guidelines:
- You must link only to our homepage, and not to pages within the site itself.
- The go90 link must not appear connected to any other logos and graphics.
- The go90 link must not be used in any way that implies an endorsement or sponsorship by Verizon Media or the go90 service of any third party or their product or service.
- You may only use a text hyperlink, and no use of the go90 logo or go90 artwork or graphics is permitted.
- The go90 trademark must not be associated with unfair, deceptive or libelous advertising or commentary or used in any way that will tend to injure or compromise our professional reputation and corporate identity and policies.
Management of your data
You are solely responsible for obtaining, installing, and maintaining suitable equipment and software, including any necessary system or software upgrades, patches or other fixes, which are or may become necessary to access the Site. Minimum systems requirements apply to the use of the Site and it is your responsibility to ensure your computer system complies with these requirements. You agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your computer(s) and all personal and other data, including without limitation, encryption of data. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE USE (AND APPROPRIATE UPDATING) OF COMMERCIAL ANTI-VIRUS, ANTI-SPYWARE AND FIREWALL SOFTWARE.
Consent to Monitoring and Disclosure
Verizon Media is under no obligation to monitor the Site and any other information residing on or transmitted to our servers. However, anyone using this Site agrees that Verizon Media may monitor the Site and its server’s contents periodically to (1) comply with any necessary laws, regulations or other governmental requests and (2) to operate the Site properly or to protect itself and its users. Verizon Media reserves the right to modify, reject or eliminate any information residing on or transmitted to its servers that it, in its sole discretion, believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions and to suspend or end your access to the Site for any operational or governmental reason or violation of these terms and conditions. Unauthorized use of this Site or the network infrastructure is illegal and Verizon Media reserves the right to take legal action.
Submission of Ideas, Comments and Questions
We welcome your comments and questions about our Site, products and services ("Comments"). However, we ask you limit your Comments to your experiences with our Site, products and services. Please do not to send us any unsolicited creative ideas, suggestions, materials, or information about technologies, including but not limited to creative artwork, samples, plans, ideas for new products, promotions, product names, advertising campaigns, technologies or processes ("Ideas"). Please note that the Comments you submit, and any Ideas you nevertheless submit in violation of these terms and conditions, will become the property of Verizon Media, and Verizon Media and its affiliates are free to copy, use, modify, disclose and distribute your Comments and Ideas without restriction for any purposes whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you; additionally, you hereby grant a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license (with right to sublicense) to Verizon Media and its affiliates to any intellectual property rights you own required for Verizon Media or its affiliates to fully exploit the Comments or Ideas you submit. Finally, nothing in any Comments and Ideas that you submit shall in any way prevent the purchase, development, manufacture or use of any product, service, plan or idea by Verizon Media or its affiliates.
Collection of Personal Information
Disclaimer of Liability
THE USER OF THIS SITE ASSUMES ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR THE USE OF THIS SITE AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. VERIZON MEDIA AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DOCUMENTATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS, ACCESSED FROM, OR VIA, THIS SITE OR THE INTERNET, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. VERIZON MEDIA DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT, APPARATUS, PRODUCT OR PROCESS DISCLOSED ON THE SITE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL VERIZON MEDIA BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY CONTENT, THIS SITE OR THE INTERNET GENERALLY.
Any Verizon Media material on this Site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. THE CONTENT PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ADVICE OR CONTENT GIVEN BY VERIZON MEDIA, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. NEITHER VERIZON MEDIA NOR ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTIBLE OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY CONTENT, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIAL ACCESSIBLE FROM THIS SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any products, services, processes, hypertext links to third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Verizon Media. Product and service information is the sole responsibility of each individual vendor. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the terms and conditions and privacy statements of each and every website that you visit. We are not responsible for the practices or the content of such other websites.
Viewing Third Party Video Content (“Video Content”) on this Site
It may be possible for you to view Video Content on the Site. You understand that:
- Video Content is licensed to you on a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-commercial, revocable and non-transferable basis only. The Video Content is for your private viewing. We may add or remove Video Content at any time without notice.
- Video Content may include advertising.
- Video Content may include content unsuitable for all viewers, and you may have access to content that is sexually explicit, offensive, or otherwise unsuitable or objectionable, especially for children under the age of 18. You, or your parent or legal guardian if you are between 13 and 18 years old, agree to supervise your viewing of Video Content.
- The viewing of Video Content may be interrupted or limited by us at our discretion or may otherwise not display properly due to variables beyond our control including, but not limited to, the speed and availability of your wireless or broadband network connection. You may experience delays or technical difficulties caused by or related to such variables, as well as the technical limitations of the electronic devices on which you view the Video Content.
- All Video Content, including, without limitation, images, animations, previews, video programming, information services, audio, music, and text, are the property of Verizon Media, its affiliates or its licensors. You understand and acknowledge that your rights with respect to the Video Content is limited by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and, among other things, you may not copy, distribute or publicly perform any Video Content. All rights regarding your use of the Video Content not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved by Verizon Media, its affiliates and/or its licensors.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Pursuant to Title II of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, all claims of copyright infringement for material that is believed to be residing on Verizon system or network, should be promptly sent in the form of written communication to Verizon Media’s Designated Agent:
Designated Agent for DMCA Notices
Verizon- Attn: Copyright Department
1320 North Courthouse Road
Arlington, Virginia 22201
Facsimile No.: 703-351-3669
Email address: DMCA@verizon.com
IMPORTANT NOTE: No other notices or communications should be sent to the designated agent, who is appointed solely for the purpose of receiving notices of claims alleging copyright infringement under the DMCA.
Specific requirements for proper notification of claimed infringement are set forth in the DMCA (see 17 U.S.C. Sec. 512(c)(3)). Valid notification must be a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- Signature of copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- Identification of copyrighted work claimed to be infringed;
- Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party (address, phone number and, if available, email address);
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right allegedly being infringed.
Please be aware that there are substantial penalties for false claims.
If a notice of alleged copyright infringement under the DMCA has been wrongly filed against you, you may submit a counter-notification to the service provider’s designated agent. A valid counter-notification is a written communication that includes all of the following elements:
- A physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the U.S., for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the complainant.
How to Report Child Pornography
Child pornography is the depiction of a child under the age of eighteen (18) engaged in sexually explicit behavior. If you see what you believe is child pornography that has been posted by a third party on a Verizon Media website, or you receive it on your phone in an e-mail or picture message, or download, please immediately contact your local FBI field office or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children ("NCMEC"). It is important that you do not copy, send, or forward the content unless and until you have been directed to do so by an authorized law enforcement officer. You can find contact information for your local FBI office by visiting the following website: www.fbi.gov/contact/fo/fo.htm. To contact NCMEC, please call 1-800-843-5678 (Child Pornography Tipline). You can also file a report online at the following NCMEC website: www.CyberTipline.com.
All information posted on the Site is subject to change without notice. In addition, these terms and conditions may be changed at any time without prior notice. We will make such changes by posting them on the Site. You should check the Site for such changes frequently. Your continued access of the Site after such changes conclusively demonstrates your acceptance of those changes.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Verizon Media and its affiliates, including its and their employees, directors, officers, agents, business partners, affiliates, contractors, distribution partners and representatives, from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including attorney's fees and costs, arising from, or related to, any breach by you of any of these terms and conditions or applicable law.
Except for trademark and copyright matters governed by the federal laws of the United States, the foregoing provisions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Delaware, without regard to the principles of conflict of law thereof.
Copyright 2016 Verizon. All rights reserved